Friday, July 31, 2009

July's Progress Report

Short Stories:
"Of Light and Darkness" - in revision*
* this is part of my Twilight of the Idle short story series along with "Labellypock", "A Night on the Fronde" and "Out of Time (Ped Xing)"
"How My Uncle Faught The Spanish Civil War" - 1000 words
"Il Brute" - 700 words, a short story about living in Bridgeland

Novel Ideas (and working titles):
A Saturday Afternoon By The Slurpee Machine - 2100 words, growing up in NE Calgary, circa 1990
Games of Chance - 11000 words, quasi-related to the current economic downturn
The Last Days of the Daily Wenzel - 8150 words
Father Borsato di Sangi - notes only, about a priest in small town Alberta, circa 1910,
Mt. Pilatus Calls My Name - notes only, a corporate satire

Good Ideas At The Time (Whole draft novels):
joculatores domini - in revision, a novel about parking attendants and the Calgary Stampede
The Liminal Trip - in revision, backpacking through Europe,

July's Total Word Count: 11000

While I didn't quite make the 15000 words I'd set for myself, I did manage to finish my revisions to one of my short stories ("Out of Time"), so on the whole I'm fairly pleased with my output. The bulk of my writing has been for "Games of Chance" which is starting to take on a fairly rough shape. It feels pretty good. I'm headed on a road trip for bit of this month, so that will probably be reflected in August's tallies.