Friday, July 31, 2009

July Book Ends

Even though I've been on holidays this month, it hasn't really seemed to increase my reading speed at all. On the plus side, I don't think I picked up any new books this month so I've made a net gain on my book collection.

Books Read:
Kaya Oakes - Slanted and Enchanted: The Evolution of Indie Culture (2009)
J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2002) (I'm reading this to my daughter)
Aravind Adiga - Between the Assasinations (2009)
Friedrich Nietzsche - The Gay Science (1885)

Currently reading:
Jeb Brugman -Welcome to the Urban Revolution (2009)
Gary Small - iBrain: Surviving the Technological Alteration of the Modern Mind (2009)
J. Lloyd Trump - A School For Everyone (1977)*
Robert T. Kiyosaki, Sharon L. Lechter - Rich Dad, Poor Dad (1997)*
*I'm in no hurry to finish these, but for different reasons

Books Acquired:
None

I'm headed on a road trip this month, so I'll be spending part of today trying to figure out what books I have to bring. I'll be looking for something rather lightweight to offset the Brugman book.