Thursday, March 24, 2011

Songs of the Day: Holy Fuck, Frank Turner

I'm sitting all alone in my office this morning, totally rocking out to this little ditty:


Here's a bonus:


Oh, and did you notice that guy in the crowd with the Frank Turner t-shirt? Yeah, I picked up his First Three Years compilation this weekend and it's been getting some heavy heavy rotation on my ipod. I picked out this particular youtube video because he picks up on a theme that I used to dwell on back in my radio days, namely that the real costs of Ralph Klein's erosion of social supports for young people will only makes itself truly known once these people are older. The Klein generation is just finishing coming of age now, and all those comments about their rampant apathy? Where do you think that came from? Frank Turner explains: