Sunday, June 20, 2010

First Anniversary!

It's our anniversary! I'm happy to announce that What Sister Ray Said is officially one year old and in between all of these World Cup matches we found a few moments to celebrate the occasion with some friends.

I wanted to take a moment this morning, before things got all wrapped up in Father's Day, Italy's game against New Zealand, and then the titanic clash of Brazil and Cote d'Ivoire, to say thank-you to all of you who have ever stopped by to check us out or leave a comment. I might joke about the What Sister Ray Said audience numbering in the dozens, but Google Analytics tells me that there's actually over 800 of you, and while that number is going to land us in Techcrunch or Huffington Post territory, it has already resulted in accumulating half the site visits of The Daily Wenzel in just a quarter of the time. Since The Daily Wenzel is my only real yardstick, I feel really good about what we've accomplished here, and so again, thank-you everyone.

Speaking of The Daily Wenzel, I also wanted to take a moment to remember and say thank-you to everyone who was ever involved in that project, especially since it now appears to be taking on some kind of mythic status. Yes, we should have done more, and more things should have been done better, but man it was fun.

I'd love to hear any of your favourite posts from the last year, or memories of The Daily Wenzel.

If you have a moment, why don't you check out our post from last Father's Day?