Saturday, June 27, 2009

Top 5 Wedding-Related Memories

I've been to quite a few weddings in my time, and here are my Top 5 Wedding-Related memories (excluding my own, which would undoubtably be uncritical and overly sentimental).

1. In the middle of a wedding with a full-on Catholic high mass, complete with lemon trees for decoration, the priest takes a moment to read the happy couple a special benediction from the Pope John Paul II, catching us all by surprise.

2. In the middle of the reception, the chef wheels out a lamb carcass for inspection by the head table and the promptly lights it on fire.

3. At a wedding reception in Las Vegas, the wedding party (including newlyweds) make plans to go to a burlesque show afterwards.

4. Going whitewater rafting at a bachelor party. Ten minutes in, the father-of-the-bride goes floating down the river...

5. Hearing a roving mandolin player wander from table to table playing "My Heart Will Go On."