Thursday, June 25, 2009

My daughter, LLB


Like many five year olds, my daughter likes to take a stuffed toy with her to sleep. Also like many, she eventually slowly starts to accumulate a fair number of stuffed animals in her bed. Two nights ago we noticed that the stuffed animals were crowding her out, and so last night, my wife told my daughter that there were too many stuffed animals in her bed. I didn't hear the particulars of the conversation, but I could tell that my daughter was trying to argue the mountain of Care Bears was in fact, just right.

Later, once she was asleep, I poked my head into her room to see if my daughter and complied with the wishes to remove the stuffed animals. What I discovered was that she had, in truth, complied with the last instructions my wife gave her, "I don't want to see those toys in your bed."

Technically, I think you can still Good Luck Bear peaking out from beneath the blanket but the future lawyer appears to have covered her bases...