Sunday, January 31, 2010

Daddy-Daughter Day



Every so often my daughter gets these ideas into her head. She likes to plan things and one of her favourite things to plan is "Daddy-Daughter Day."

I think today's Daddy-Daughter Day festivities began, in part, because my wife decided to wake up early to watch the Australian Open Men's Final (Federer v. Murray). I suppose the hour or two alone gave them time to plan as I found myself waking up to breakfast in bed.

Together my daughter and I did household cleaning chores and grocery shopping, followed by an afternoon of card games, movies, baking snickerdoodles, and dancing to Andrew Bird's album, Noble Beast.

The day concluded with a family picnic in the living room (joined by mommy), and a chapter from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.