Monday, November 16, 2009

Moms Against Climate Change

I saw this commercial on TV today and it brought a tear to my eye in a completely sincere and non-ironic way.



Because it's totally true in the cynical sense that after watching a decade of post-Battle in Seattle news coverage, I don't think the riot police would stop just because these protestors are children.

I'm also glad that Moms Against Climate Change are running the ad above in an attempt to shame Prime Minister Stephen Harper into action. I don't know what else will. Harper's been letting us down since his election:








After his uninspiring I'll-go-if-everyone-else-is-going example of leadership regarding the proposed Climate Change conference in Copenhagen, no one will be mistaking him for Lester Pearson anytime soon. Oh wait, Harper isn't really interested in Pearson's legacy, after ignoring the Fiftieth Anniversary of Pearson's Nobel Peace Prize and founding of UN Peacekeeping.

Good job Stephen. Way to make us proud.