Thursday, October 8, 2009

September Bookends

Wow, we're already into the second week of October and I'm just getting around to reporting on September's reading. I guess that gives you a hint at how busy I've been in my nine to five work and suggests just how much reading of non-reports, non-proposals, and non-emails I've managed to do.

Precious little.

The one book I am in the middle of reading is Jack Whyte's finale to his Templar Knights Trilogy, Order In Chaos. I was a big fan of his sprawling and detailed Arthurian books, and was finding the Templar books a little bit of a disappointment, in that Whyte appeared to be streamlining his style somewhat. Order In Chaos is something of a return to form then, and I am enjoying it very much.

My enjoyment might also stem from the fact it is the only non-fiction book I'm reading at the moment.

Books Read
Gary Small - iBrain: Surviving the Technological Alteration of the Modern Mind (2009)

Currently reading:
Jack Whyte - Order In Chaos (2009)
David Townsend, Pamela Adams - The Essential Question: A Handbook For School Improvement (2009)
Richard DuFour, et al., Learning By Doing (2006)
J. Lloyd Trump - A School For Everyone (1977)*
Robert T. Kiyosaki, Sharon L. Lechter - Rich Dad, Poor Dad (1997)*
*I'm in no hurry to finish these, but for different reasons

Books Acquired
None