Friday, September 18, 2009

From The Rooftops Of Calgary



A couple of days ago, I woke up grumpy. I overslept and it threw my rhythm off. I missed that quiet part of the morning where I enjoy a cup of coffee and do some writing, or read a chapter of a book (something I haven't managed to do in almost a week, by the way). But I went for a walk. My daughter came along, riding her bike, as we went down to City Bakery for some fresh bread. The women who work there gave us some treats, I bought some coffee. We sat in the park and then came back home. We all came back very happy.

A lot of time people try to decide where to live based on the size of house they can afford, or the kind of schools that are nearby. Sometimes they choose it based on commute times. When was the last time you heard about someone buying a house based on the neighbourhood's ability to make them happy? How do you monetize that? How much is it worth to live near a nice view of they city, or tree lined streets?