Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sports, sports, and more sports.

Really, there is not enough time to watch all the sports that I would have to watch if I had enough television sets. I don't even think a PVR would help much. As baseball winds down, I find my Chicago White Sox trailing the Detroit Tigers by a paltry few games. Since the White Sox are never on TV here in Calgary, I check in every night to see how they're doing. Given how baseball schedules work, this would probably keep me busy enough, however, the women's tennis tournament is in Toronto this week while the men are in Cincinnati. Television coverage is about twelve hours a day of tennis. Furthermore, it is qualifications week for the European Champions League and the new "Europe League" (ex-Uefa Cup), which means that between today, tomorrow and Thursday there's something like sixty quality soccer matches on offering. Only two of which are on regular television.

Factor in the fact that I've just returned from holidays and have a whole bunch of writing to do for various organizations, as well as finding time to type up some of the non-commissioned writing I did. To say nothing of the omnipresent books I'm forever trying to read.

What to do, what to do.