Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hopelessly Misguided New Year's Intentions

In a few days, my summer holidays will be over and I'll be going back to the office for another ten months. A nice long breaks let you try and gain some perspective on things, hopefully calm down and return to work refreshed.

I claim to have accomplished none of these things, though I did spend the afternoon coming up with the following list:

Things I Will Do To Have A Happier 2009/10

1. See more live music.
2. Read more fiction. Maybe it will help me lighten up.
3. Take more photos of my surroundings. Maybe it will help me feel better about where I work.
4. Go for a swim more often.
5. Listen to the radio in the afternoon instead of my iPod.
6. Invent a longer day the better to accomplish things at a more relaxing pace.