Saturday, November 13, 2010

Song of the Day: I'll Be Seeing You

(The second revision is maybe 60% done and I'm starting to find it hard to remain true to the original vision I had for the novel. As things become more "streamlined," alternative plot points make themselves available -but are they better?)

The other day I had the chance to read a Paris Review Interview with French author Michel Houellebeq, whose novel Elementary Particles was seemingly on every bookstand in Paris when I was there in the summer of 1998. I regretted not buying it at the time because I fell in love with quantum mechanics in junior high and must admit that it has been very influential in my thinking. It even skewed my reading of philosophers like Nietzsche and allusions to it crop up in the character develop parts of Games of Chance. I was surprised when Houellebeq mentioned a similiar connection. You can read the interview here:

However, Houellebeq and I most recently crossed paths in interviews with Iggy Pop over his new album Preliminaires, something that reminded me of his previous collaboration with a French artist: