Monday, May 31, 2010

What Sister Ray Said Most Popular Posts

I'm running Google Analytics on this site because I find the idea of web-based metrics interesting, especially considering that Google Analytics and Sitemeter often give different results. Add in the fact that I often post things to Twitter via bit.ly, which doesn't always show up in the metrics, nor does traffic contained within iPhone apps, such as viewing websites on Tweetie's in-app browser. It all presents a very ill-defined picture of what is happening in my (very) tiny corner of the web, but what little I do get to see is quite fascinating.

For example, it caught me by complete surprise that my throw comment about Calgary Mayor Dave Bronconnier's decision not to run for re-election has moved into the top five. On the otherhand, I've seen a lot of search results of people looking for Ebert's quote on Roman Polanski's Bitter Moon, so to see it crack the top five is understandable.

Further, it makes me chuckle to think that maybe there is something to the concept of the long time. I believe I've posted something related to my short story "Out of Time (Ped Xing)" several times and it's slowly creeping it's way to just outside the top five unique page views. Just a few more repeat posts...